Default wireless router issues

Hi everyone!

I am having issues with my wireless router. I have a DI-624 with the latest flash. I also have 64-bit WEP encryption as my security.

The problem I'm experiencing is that when I play poker online, the connection to the poker rooms are very low and I frequently get disconnected. I do not have any other problems with the wireless internet when surfing the web or anything. Also, if I directly connect my computer with a LAN wire to the router, my connection to the poker room is 100%.

I have tried with another router in another location and that one works fine. The problem is I'm not always in that location.

So... what could be holding up this particular wireless router?? There are two other encrypted wireless networks with 2/5 bars in the 'view wireless network' window, if that helps.

Hello, did you try another router in the same location? you may be in a dead area. Can you change the wireless channel that you are using? it might just be getting a bit too much noise on that channel if the surrounding routers are using the same one.
    You could download netstumbler and check you signal strentghs. Are you using a laptop? if you are you can wander around the house/office and see what is going on. You can get netsumbler here:

http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads...ller_0_4_0.exe

But wait and see what others have to say.
    Cheers, Lucent.
    P.S sorry this is rushed but I just heard the call for tea.....

I downloaded the Network Stumbler.... seems out of the three surrounding signals, my wirless router is the only one on channel 1. I also don't know how to interpret the numbers, so here they are

Chan 1
    Speed 54Mbps
    Type AP
    Enc WEP
    SNR 30-60 range, usually around 60
    Signal+ -33
    Noise- -100
    SNR+ 67