Default mouse pointer is slow - maybe the RAM is low ???

can RAM memory effect the speed of a mouse pointer ?

when i have Expression Web software open at the same time i am online, through dial-up service, my mouse pointer gets stuck, stop and go, when i am in Expression Web, especially if i am pointing through the css pane area of Expression Web,

i have 512 RAM, will increasing the RAM solve the slow mouse pointer problem ?

thanks much,

larry m.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Could possibly be lack of RAM. You aren't having any other slowdown problems other than when these two are running?

hi Canuck,

just happens with these 2 programs, never noticed it otherwise, i don't usually run high memory programs like games though,

the css function in Expression Web may be involved, but still in my task manager i get about 150 Mb of available RAM, even with these 2 programs,

but when i log off of the net, the pointer is fine in Expression Web,

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

If you can afford it, go for the extra RAM, I don't think it's that expensive these days. Make sure you get the right type though.

i heard your best bet is to get all the memory on 1 stick,

it's very confusing to me though, would more RAM make a difference ?

i have RAM, swap space and virtual memory, and there seems to always be 100s of Mbs of available memory on my pc, within these different places, always available,

so why do i need more RAM ?

and how can i tell how many sticks make up my 512 RAM ? without opening my pc, i have Everest, can i find this information somewhere on Everest ?

Hi you can go here crucial scan your system http://www.crucial.com/uk/?gclid=CNu...FUdZMAodV1cbbg

and if you want you can download this Belarc advisor

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

regards paul

''i have RAM, swap space and virtual memory, and there seems to always be 100s of Mbs of available memory on my pc, within these different places, always available,

so why do i need more RAM'' ?

This type of memory management is often referred to as virtual memory and allows the total number of processes to exceed ''physical memory'' that being the( ram) and instead uses the hard drive for memory.By installing more ram you eliminate this step and the processor goes directly to the physical ram (the stuff we can touch) it's better performance and is easier on the hard drive and may appear to be faster.

Zep.