Default BSOD after RAM upgrade

just installed 1g of memory in my computer. It was ordered from crucial.com after a website scan, so I feel confident it's the right stuff, but more than once this afternoon since the install, my computer has shut down and shows me the BSOD. After a restart, I get this message: "The system has recovered from a serious error". The error code:

BBCode: 1a BCP1: 00003451 BCP2: C03DE33C BCP3: 89901B30 BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1

My Computer recognizes the new memory, but frankly, I haven't noticed any difference in the speed of the computer since installing the RAM. What gives?
    Windows Vista Ultimate (x64) (build 6000)
    2.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
    2GB of RAM
    Gigabyte GA-M5P-S3 Motherboard

Make sure it is installed properly. I would take it out and teinstall it making sure that the levers click all the way closed. Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator

I'd do a memory diag using memtest86 from memtest86.com

-Partie™

''I haven't noticed any difference in the speed of the computer since installing the RAM. What gives''?

Technicaly it does not make it go faster, it increases performance giving the illusion that it's running faster, what your able to now is run more applications at once, like dowloading a program,reading your e-mail, and browsing the web all at once- with out a lag in any application- your speed will always be limited by that proccessor you have-

When was your last defrag?
    How many programs running in the background?
    When is the last time a good cleaning of the pc was done to remove tempory files, cookies, history, ect, do you run spyware scans like ad-Aware se, all these things can help alot to increase performance.

Zep.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim322
    Make sure it is installed properly. I would take it out and teinstall it making sure that the levers click all the way closed. Charlie
    Did that, Charlie. Thanks
    2GB of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by PartieHonteuse
    I'd do a memory diag using memtest86 from memtest86.com

-Partie™
    Partie: Did the scan diagnosis. No errors.

Yesterday, I took out the two 256mg cards and left the new 1G. Have had no problems since (Crossing my fingers) All three cards were DDR PC3200's, so one would think they'd get along.
    2GB of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by zep
    ''I haven't noticed any difference in the speed of the computer since installing the RAM. What gives''?

Technicaly it does not make it go faster, it increases performance giving the illusion that it's running faster, what your able to now is run more applications at once, like dowloading a program,reading your e-mail, and browsing the web all at once- with out a lag in any application- your speed will always be limited by that proccessor you have-

When was your last defrag?
    How many programs running in the background?
    When is the last time a good cleaning of the pc was done to remove tempory files, cookies, history, ect, do you run spyware scans like ad-Aware se, all these things can help alot to increase performance.

Zep.
    Thanks for that info, Zep. I really thought another gig of RAM would make the computer have blazing speed. But what you say makes sense.

To answer your questions, I do maintenance on my computer once a week: run Adaware, SpyBot S&D. a reg cleaner and CCleaner. I only allow my antivirus and firewall in the system tray. Tried the degrag after the memory upgrade, but it didn't help.

I suppose you've seem my post to Partie about removing the two cards. Guess that's the best I can do.

Thanks for your reply.
    2GB of RAM