Default strange camera sounds randomly coming from computer

Ok, i normally dont use my speakers.. so one day i turned them on and a it sounds like someone it taking a screen shot of my computer ever 10 or 15 seconds.. totally random times inbetween sounds.

What the heck? ever hear of this?
    It does not look like any app is running.. and i used microsofts spyware remover which found some stuff but did not fix this annoying camera shutter sound.

any help?

Chris

Hi weepus - It's probably the clicking of your mouse.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

there is nothing I can do to create this sound.
    It is definitly not the mouse, keyboard.. a pop up, a window refreshing..

I can have all windows closed, just a blank desktop and it sounds like im in a photo shoot.. Shutter sounds.. bells dinging.. Clicks.. driving me crazy

To turn it off -

'Start'>Control Panel'>Double click 'Sound and Audio Devices'>'Sounds' tab. Scroll down to 'Start Navigation' and click on it. Click on the down arrow of the drop-down menu under the heading 'Sounds'. Select 'None'
    >'Apply'>'OK. You will see that there are many options to change, or turn on/off the sounds for different applications.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Hi - If the above instructions make no difference then I suggest you go to the link below and run through the processes and post a HiJackThis Log for one of the Spyware Experts to check.

http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...wtopic/t,9709/

oh man.. im such a moron.
    I have 2 computers. one monitor.. run them through a Switch box.

The computer im using, the one im trouble shooting "Does NOT have speakers!".. oh man..
    what I was hearing was the other computers speakers, happily clicking away with a process I had running on it.

Very sorry about this.. and thanks for your input

Chris

Member Help2Go Moderator

Man, I'd be lying if I said I've never done that before. It drove me nuts for hours until I figured out it was one of the other 4 machines I had hooked up to my KVM. Glad you got it settled!

Partie