Thread: boot failure

Default boot failure

G'day my old computer which has ms-6330 motherboard, socket 462 amd chip with 320 sdram, I was updating my antivirus which needed a reboot to finish, Xp was downloading and was at 16% and I was doing a disc cleanup when my screen went blank with "no signal" on the screen, the computer hard drive was still running and the internet connection was terminated. I left it for 5mins in the slim hope it would return, when it didnt I hit the reset button on the box, no response, so I hit the power switch until it turned off. When I rebooted the screen came up with the memory test and the option "del" to enter setup, normally it would come up with the harddrive detection but it didnt and the screen went blank straight after the memory test, and blank I mean "no signal". I rebooted while holding 'DEL" but no response screen goes "nosignal" after memory test. tried rebooting with windows disc but same result as before. I'm assuming my bios is screwed but would be open to suggestions before I start throwing money at the problem any ideas out there???
    Regards Gazman

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Sounds like your monitor or graphics card is damaged.
    If possible try another monitor and graphics card or have a technician test each.
    It could be just the monitor lead.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default Fixed boot failure

For those wondering what the problem might have been, Ending up taken the box in to a techy to look at and the problem was a burnt out CPU, replaced it and good as new. so anyone who has a similar problem just keep it in mind, Thanks whooze who replied it did help narrow it down. Cheers