Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Copy protected CDS

when i listen to richard ashcroft on my computer (its an original cd) i can't rip the songs on to my hard drive meaning i can't put it in a mix with other songs. this is so stupid as if i had of saved my 30$ and downloaded them illegally i would have had more convenience listening to it. Anyways is there any way i can rip them on to my comp. i do have nero if that helps. thanks

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try using Nero to copy, convert to mp3 (if that's the format you want) and save to your Music file. Which program were/are you using? If it's WMP, it's not the greatest for copying, and I believe it may be the problem in ripping from a copywritten disk (you are allowed to make a copy of owned retail cds). If WMP, let us know, there are options that can be turned off.

Default I had the same problem

I had that problem and someone turned me onto this program

Linked edited out BG

it's a program that records the music while it plays and saves it in the format that you want.

Am I wrong I thought the copyright protection was put there to protect the performers rights?
    I remember years ago filling in endless Performing Rights Society forms to let them know what music I had played during a weeks performance all that was so the musicians and composers could get their percentage of the take, it seems a shame to deprive these people of their living.
    This site should be shot to hell. cheers Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by woodcock23
    What site are you speaking of Jim? :?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    What site are you speaking of Jim? :?
    Bear you have already deleted the link I was referring to in post number 3.
    So thats sorted that out; good on you Bear,cheers Jim.

[quote="woodcock23"][quote="Bear"]
    Bear you have already deleted the link I was referring to in post number 3 .
    Jim I didn't delete the link, I'm a member here just like you I'm not a moderator or an administrator. That link was edited out by Basement Geek. I can only edit or delete my own posts & replies. Sorry for any confusion.

[quote="Bear"][quote="woodcock23"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Bear you have already deleted the link I was referring to in post number 3 .
    Jim I didn't delete the link, I'm a member here just like you I'm not a moderator or an administrator. That link was edited out by Basement Geek. I can only edit or delete my own posts & replies. Sorry for any confusion.
    Whoops!

Member Help2Go Moderator

Not to start a debate and hijack a thread but:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.09/nettwerk.html
    Musicians generally make very little from the sale of their records. The costs of production, marketing, and promotion are charged against sales, and even if they go multiplatinum and cover those costs, their cut of any extra revenue is usually less than 10 percent. On top of this, the labels typically retain the copyrights to the recordings, which allows them to profit from the musicians' catalogs indefinitely. "It's as if you received a loan for a house," says Ed Robertson, one of BNL's lead vocalists. "But when you finish paying off that loan, the label says thank you and keeps the house."
    Also, in the list of H2G recommended software there might be something that could be of use to you: http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Com..._Software.html

CD->MP3 Utility: CDex ripper (free)

Partieā„¢

PartieHonteuse
    I have put a post in Discussions. cheers Jim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast