Default IE7 installation did not complete

I have being trying to install IE7 but after it goes through the download, I get a window that says "Internet explorer installation did not complete. Restart your computer to remove any changes set up has made".

It then gives you a desktop icon to click on to for microsoft troubleshooting. I have followed all the steps as advised. Nothing worked. I have made sure my anti-virus was disabled. No go. I even tried to contact microsoft support by phone but just went in circles there. Something is stopping it from completing. I don't know.

What do I do now???

Thank you

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi flyty,

You'll be glad to hear that you're not alone in having problems with IE7. For some reason, it is not compatable with some PCs. Why? MS is not telling... Some have downloaded IE7 successfully and are running it without any problems, others like myself, had various and sundry errors. My advice is to hold off the download at least for a couple of months or until MS comes out with a major update. As far as I was able to see, the only major difference between 6 & 7 is 7 has a tabbing system ( I gather like Firefox). Stay tuned, as others may offer additional advice.

Does your computer meet or exceed the Minimum System Requirements for IE7?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow...ie/sysreq.mspx

I am running Windows XP with service pack 2 and meets all requirements.

Like Canuck said, I to have heard of various different problems happening when trying to download IE7. Also like he said to me when I used it that really only seemed to be the only difference is the tab feature, exactly like firefox. Anyway I would just keepe downloading your updates, until microsoft figures it out.

I'm using Firefox. I guess I will stick with it for now.