Default Closing Svc host- loses audio but fixes internet

Hi,
    I have a problem with my computer, currently connected to wireless internet and using the signal 802.11b.

When i close the svchost.exe from my process list , my internet connection gets fixed (the problem with it, is when pl;aying games (planetside) i get connection problems consantly, every 20 seconds or so i will freeze on the screen like a packet loss which lats for a couple seconds then recitifies itself, however when i close svchost, its gone and works perfectly.

The reason i decided to close svchost, is because i had this same problem before 3 years ago on another pc, and it solved the problem them at the cost of the audio then too if i recall, well i was just wondering if there was any way to fix both my conenction and keep my audio.

Thanks very much

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

SVhost services are generally essential for the running of Windows. Often there are several of these running and it is hard to figure out which does what.
    I would suggest your problem is more of a conflict with the WiFi setup and the sound card.
    If the sound card is an actual card try moving it to a different PCI slot. If you have onboard sound invest in a sound card.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.