Default I lost my Taskbar

I cannot find what happened to my task bar, the left side and the right side at the bottom. Then when I do open any windows, from the shortcuts I had placed on my desktop I can't see the tabs. I can get to them by using CTRL/ALT/DELETE tho. But I can't get to the Programs or Control Panel. Where'd it go? and how do I get it back? I switch to a different user and their taskbar is there - but of course not at all like mine.

Can anyone help me?
    Thanks.
    :x

Once you are sure that you have not just reduced the height of the taskbar to a single line you may need to take more drastic action.

A completely missing task bar can be caused by a corrupt registry entry. If this is what has happened then if you run regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer and delete the entire StuckRects key then the task bar should come back after you reboot.
    You should back up your registry first before making the change just in case you need to recover the entry or make a mistake. Modifying the wrong entry in the registry can cause major problems so take care. I accept no responsibility for any consequences of your applying this change
    Oh, if you are wondering how to run regedit without the taskbar (meaning that you can't use Start/Run). Go into My Computer and then into your C drive and then into the Windows folder where you will find the program regedit.exe. Also to shut down without the taskbar click on the desktop and then hold down the Alt key and press F4.

source: http://www.felgall.com/doswin31.htm

HI

I wonder if you have auto hide the taskbar checked ?

Try and take the cursor off the bottom of the screen, does the taskbar jump up ?

If it does, right click the taskbar & click properties

Take the checkmark out of auto-hide the taskbar

& put a checkmark in Keep the taskbar on top of other windows

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -