Default screen blank in safe mode

okay, as usual, I tried to do something that should have been simple and have been sitting here now for 3 hours fustrated..... :shock: I was trying to download a driver for a cd rom and now it will not boot. I see the oem and then it goes blank I have tried starting in safe mode...it gets hung for a few minutes then goes to log in screen {which I have tried all accounts} and after i type in the passwords screen goes blank except for the little safe mode in the corners.Tried restore the computor to an earlier date after i was in safe mode ..same thing blank screen..tried last known ..same thing..can get to command but don't know what to command thanks in advance moon

If you wanna try to do a restore from the command line take a look at this site.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=304449

Followed your suggestion and it did restore but when it went to where i am to select a restore date the year was wrong March 2008 would only let me go back 90 days into dec 2007? so i choose the dec 2007 and it did restore and then restart but after Windows xp screen.. blank monitor..thanks[/i]

Followed your suggestion and it did restore but when it went to where i am to select a restore date the year was wrong March 2008 would only let me go back 90 days into dec 2007? so i choose the dec 2007 and it did restore and then restart but after Windows xp screen.. blank monitor..thanks[/i]

Okay Thanks alot when I got up this morning the log in screen was up and I am now using the computor I could not get into So the restore from the command prompt worked Will now go and start a new thread on the original problem which was a griver for the cd rom thanks again moon

Please be sure that your date and time are correct in the bottom right hand corner of the task bar.

BG