Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

With out more info, the only StateManager I know, is strictly related/found in Windows ME-nothing to do with XP.

Yes, XP system restore is very important to all, but the most experienced user. I only know of one XP user that has it turned off and they are accustomed to reloading everything, on a frequent basis.

BG

well i wish i had system restore, don't remember if i ever used it or if it worked correctly,

got the pc in 2004, supposedly new from a small pc shop, then i found out a year later when i finally registered it with compaq, that it was refurbished, searched for the ol' receipt to no avail,

may look for it again now, just would be good if i had the receipt so i could get a windows XP home reinstall, if i need it,

in the meantime, i am searching the web for similair issues, but it looks bleak, like i may need to do a re-install of windows XP home, for which i do not have the disk, the pc came already loaded with XP home,

i have the apache web server on my c drive, could that affect system restore ?

okay, system restore working now, turned it off and then back on again, what the heck, i understand i cannot fix my resolution problem this way, but at least system restore is working now,

i may see if tweak UI has anything for screen resolution that would work for me,

i thank everyone very very much for helping me with this issue, i installed an earlier driver version and my resolution is fine for now, and i learned alot along the way,

Member Help2Go Moderator

may look for it again now, just would be good if i had the receipt so i could get a windows XP home reinstall, if i need it,
    Depending on your system these are rather inexpensive:

http://www.computersurgeons.com/

and

http://www.restoredisks.com/

Note: These restore disks come ONLY with the Operating System and the Hardware Drivers CD. If your unit came with other software such as Microsoft Office or the like then you may risk the chance of losing that software when using these Restore Discs.

Partieā„¢

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123