Default Pesky RUNDLL "error loading" problem

Hi-
    I saw a posting from 2005 with the same problem I have, but no resolution was given, so here I am.

When I boot up, I get a RUNDLL window: "Error loading c:\Progm Files\Wild Taet\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll" I have cleaned fragments, uninstalled until I'm blue in the face - and I can't get rid of it. Wild Tangent was associated with games, and I deleted it - completely, I thought. Can I get rid of this thing?

I'm running a PC with Windows XP system. I have 500 MB RAM, and 144 GB memory. I have an AMD AthlonXP processor. I don't know what else you need, but I'd sure appreciate it if someone could help.

HI Lynn

You still have a run key (in the registry) for the non-existant cdaEngine0400.dll

windows is generating the error because it can't find the file ...

easiest way to resolve it is to download hijackthis, run a scan & fix the O4 entry which references the cdaEngine0400.dll

When you reboot you will no longer get the error...

If you need help with this, post a hijackthis log, & we'll tell you exactly what to do :wink:

Download a self-extracting copy of HijackThis from :-
    http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/hijackthis_sfx.exe
    1. save it to your Desktop.
    2. Double-click on the file hijackthis_sfx.exe and it will self-extract into its own folder,
    C:\Program Files\HijackThis
    3. Go to this folder and run the hijackthis.exe file
    4. click Do a system scan and save a logfile
    5. Copy & paste the logfile into your next post here...

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -