Default Photgallery Solution

I have run into this "Photogallery" and "photogallery.msi" file demand window when reinstalling Windows XP or taking certain Windows updates. This is coming from your HP device. I have a new HP Photosmart C6180.

After many trial and errors I have found this fix. Insert your HP install disk into your drive, e.g. D. Browse to bring up all the files on your CD. Select "setup" file. Open it. Select "Photogallery" file. Open it. Select "Photogaller.msi". Open it.

This will initiate the file download from your HP install disk to your system asking for it. For some reason Windows cannot find it this file even though it was initially loaded into Windowswhen you installed your HP device. It wants to look into a file "1" on my system. I have to redirect it back to the HP Install disk as described above.

You may also try inputting this path directly. D:\setup\photogallery\photogallery.msi and hit OK.

The Photogallery window should take this file and allow you to proceed with your reinstall or updates.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Thanks for the tip Jacksranch. We do have a tutorial on this very subject http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Win...llery.msi.html