Thread: hotmail help

Default hotmail help

I just spent hours writing an email only to have the power switch accidently shut off..is there anyway of retriving this letter? I was just about to hit the send button when this happened..can a restore do anything?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi dentalgal,

I'm fairly sure you've lost it for good. It's basically the same as here on H2G. If in the process of writing this post and there were some type of interruption, either on my PC or the ISP or H2G server, the post would be lost. If you want to avoid this in future, type out the e-mail off line in a word program, then copy and paste > send on yahoo. If it's sent successfully, you can then delete the word file. A few extra steps, but if you know it's going to be a long epistle, it may be worth it.

While composing a letter in Hotmail you have the option of Save Draft. If you do so every few minutes the portion of your letter typed before hitting the Save Draft button will be saved. Every time you hit Save Draft the Draft will be updated with the portion of the letter you just typed added. clear as mud eh? Give it a try and you will see what I'm talking about. HTH

thanks for all the help guys, I just spend another hour retyping my letter not sure that is the same great composed letter from the first time around however I think it will get the point across that I am hoping for..I was so thinking about saving draft and was heading to do that when the pc went dead ugh!!!