Thread: stuck email

Default stuck email

My email seems to be stuck in limbo? it is messing up my other emails. when I go to the webmail of my server, it says I have 1 of 1 message, but nothing shows? then when i try to get my mail thru, outlook, ect... other messages will come thru... 2 thru, ect........ but message 1 tells me it won't open, and gives an error message. How do I find this email, to get rid of it once and for all!!! it is very frustrating already. :x

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

You say your server. What do you mean. Are you running your own email server?
    Where is this email. On your computer, on the server, on yahoo, hotmail ????
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

no I am not running my own server... sorry. I have PTD pennteledata, internet. it is their webmail, I contacted them, and so far no answer back. don't know what to do. I usually use Thunderbird to get my mail, but it won't open up any other emails, becasue that first message is stuck somewhere? I then set up outlook, that altleast by passes message one, and opens the others, but it gives me an error message from my mailserver promail.ptd.net and says unable to open that message. So, then if I go to the actual webmail page to open it, it shows me that there is 1 of 1 message, but nothing shows. when I go to the folders it shows me that I have 1 message, @ 0mb, I tried to delete the whole Inbox, but that doesn't work. I am left with this ghost message... and I don't know where it is? and how to get rid of it. I have all my messages in Thunderbird, and really would like to go back using that, but can't because it won't by pass that first message?

Bad Link

Give www.mail2web a try. If you can open the mail there you should be able to delete it from there.

Sorry that link isn't working, try this one.

http://www.mail2web.com/

cool site, everything seems to be working fine now.... thanks

Your welcome, I'm glad I was able to help.