Thread: CCleaner

Default CCleaner

I am attempting to clean my computer for the first time using CCleaner. I have scanned and have a list of issues, (quite a few in fact). Most of the issues I can relate to, one however is perplexing me. I have a number of issues with the green check mark, labled "Uninstaller Reference Issue," and then most with a number after (such as KB821557. I am lost. What are these and am I okay to go ahead and let CCleaner wipe them out? :roll:

Hi - Ignore the 'Uninstaller Reference Issue', this is, apparently, a legitimate referenceand can be left. The KB refers to Microsoft 'Knowledge Base' references. These are specific Help/Information references and can be removed.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Member Help2Go Moderator

errr...unless i'm mistaken those KB items are knowledge base HOTFIXES and CAN be removed but SHOULD NOT be.

Partieā„¢

Apologies Pewterman. Thank you Partie. Time I called it a day I think.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

''and let CCleaner wipe them out?''

When using the ''issues'' option in the cleaner it always gives you the option to save before delete I would use that option and save it somewhere I made a folder ''cc '' and save it to there just in case.

Zep..