Default dwwin.exe ? (Correction! Sorry, Canuck!)

I just reinstalled Windows after a complete reformat. I had problems with spyware before, and decided I'd just do a clean install. One of the problems I had was when I restarted the computer, dwwin.exe apparently failed to shut down properly. I figured the clean install would help fix it. However, it hasn't. Any ideas why I'm getting this message when I restart? Thanks.

Charneus

Edit: Only reason I caught this is because of your response, Canuck. I didn't have either of those programs installed, but I restarted for good measure, and found out it's dwwin.exe, not ddwin.exe. I know it's for Dr. Watson, but what can I do to fix it anyway?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

ddwin.exe is either related to a program called DragonDictate speech recognition software or it could also be related to BitComet online. Go to Start > Run > type in msconfig > Startup tab > and look for either program, if you find it, uncheck the box next to it > OK. Reboot > check box in config window 'to not show window again' or words to that effect. Keep us posted.

You can disable doctor watson using the registry editor;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188296

If your not confortable using the editor don't use it-If you do use it follow all instructions as they pertain to your situation, and read the cautions.

If you're not sure what ''doctor watson '' is google it. You can also google ''disable doctor watson'' and that will show the ways to disable it, usually through the editor as per microsoft link above.

Zep..

And that fixed it! Thanks, zep.

Charneus