Default signing onto hotmail or any secure site that rquires passwor

Hey I have been having problems with my computer since we had in storage for about a year signing onto hotmail and my banking website. It is not always user name and password because I was able to sign onto this website without a problem. It returns the message
    this page cannot be displayed, cannot find server or dns error. I do not think it is the server when I can get on the internet other sites without problems. can not figure it out and it is irritating. any ideas?

the following is the what it reads

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
    If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
    click Detect Network Settings
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

By the way I tried all this
    the only thing I did not see was the PCT 1.0 to check not sure what that is.

Check your date and time settings. They have to be correct.

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator