Thread: Error message

Default Error message

Originally got the error message: C:\windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt

Followed both the steps in the tutorial as laid out by Mike E. on this site but for various reasons, they didn't work.

At the end of the tutorial, he states: "There is a 3rd option if the other 2 do not work. It's a little bit harder to explain especially since it requires having a second computer available running Windows XP and you being able to take the hard drive out of the computer with problems into a working XP computer".

I want to try that option but could not locate it on the site. Need the step by step instructions. Can someone direct me to that so I can give it a try. Exhausted all other options.

Post edited by zep possible wrong information. sorry

Luckily my client found her recovery disk and can reinstall the operating system.

Would still be interested in that 3rd method talked about if it actually exists.

Try a PM to PartieHonteuse and ask him- he wrote it

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator

4 days old, I know, but i did update the tutorial with 2 more options for fixing the problem.

Partieā„¢

Thanks, appreciate your updating the tutorial.

I had part of it figured out on my own but didn't have the final steps. Will try it the next time I run into the same problem.