Default Can't Save Files

My computer is running so slow that I can't save my files to a USB port so I can reformat the drive hard. I have ran adware software and Norton Virus Software successfully. When I try to save the files by hitting "save to" the USB port nothing happens.

I need more hard drive space. Would a solution be to add another hard drive and load the operating system to it and then access the date in the originial hard drive??

Thanks,
    Allan

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

The easier way would be to add a new hard drive as a slave drive, keep your operating system on the one you have and transfer all your data files to the slave. If all is working well (with the exception of the slowness) try stopping the System Restore and then restart it. Now set the slide bar to about 4% >OK. Default is 12% which is far too much. Now download ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com and run it. Reboot your PC and check on how much free space you have. It also wouldn't hurt to get rid of any unneeded programs and data files and do a defragmentation of C drive.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Right click My Computer, choose Properties then under the Hardware tab choose Device Manager. Look for any yellow exclamation or question marks. They indicate that the drivers for that component are corrupted or missing.
    Go to the Motherboard maker's site and download the latest drivers for your board and install them.
    Also with USB always install a periphial's driver before connecting the device unless instructed.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.