Default locked out of my computer

hello all, i asked my 16 year old daughter to set my computer up with a pass word at start up so my 11 year old could be more monitered and couldnt just be on it when i wasnt home....well,my 16 year old FORGOT the password she set up and cant seem to remember what she chose.AND, i had her take everyones names off the start up page and disable the guest one. i know just enough about computers to really mess them up and i cant even get past the user screen because it needs a password.....i have windows xp and i tried a password recovery disc but i still need to get past the password to use the disc! please help me figure this out, thank you. rene :?:
    Remember, Fredoom is NOT Free.
    My soldier Fights for YOUR freedom.
    I am doing without my pleasures to insure your freedom.
    THANK A SOLDIER EVERYDAY!!!

Hope this helps, click the link below.

http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Win...in_Screen.html

Edit: now that I think about this may be of no value once a password is actually set-and simply bypasses the screen you can try it.

Also it's the sites philosophy not to help with passwords-other then this.

Zep.

Default password lock out

thanks for the help, but your right, its not going to help me....thats for if you just want to bypass the prompt. and mine is already locked. so i cant use it. im just gonna have to take it into the geek sqad or something like that and pay to fix it! again, thanks for trying!

try this:

while the computer is booting up.. keep on pressing F10 key.. hope this one works.. good luck

Default ouch!!

ok, im doing a system recovery with the f10.....gosh, i hope i dont loose everything. but gotta do what you gotta do......thanks, i was trying to remember what the key was to press for the recovery....hopefully this works for me..........again, thanks alot for your help.......

Member Help2Go Moderator

Umm, did you happen to try and start the computer in safe mode (press F8 During system start, select "Safe Mode") The built-in administrators account doesn't come with a password by default and can only be accessed from safe mode by default.

Partie

yep,i tried that and i wasnt offered safe mode....and it kept asking for admin password.....but the f10 worked......yeah!!!!!!!!! and i didnt loose anything valuable, like pictures!!!!!!!!!! thanks so much for all the help...rene :!:

I don't understand. If all a person has to do is repeatedly push the F10 key in order to bypass password protection, then what is the "protection." A stranger can come into my house, push the F10 key, and my password is bypassed? That's kind of scary.

Member Help2Go Moderator

You did a system restore, right?

Partie

Default locked out of my computer

yes, i had to do a system restore, very lengthy process....no, f10 doesnt bypass your password....it actually brings your computer back to the bare bones....and reinstalls everything.....but downloads like clonedvd or anything you pay and download will usually be wiped off. but you can reinstall usually for free because youve already paid.....but, dont worry....f10 is NOT easy access to your computer..... you are safe if you have it password protected.....unless a "hacker" invades your home of course! lol again, thanks for all your help, finally, ive got my desk top back, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: