Default Copy to CD Problem with Windows XP Home

Hi - using windows XP home edition, when I drag and drop a file to the CD using explorer (with blank CD in the drive), the copy box with the flying folders remains on screen and nothing happens and I can only make it go away be rebooting. I have burnt to CD using other software - Pinnacle (now removed). Anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks

Redgem,

See if anything is helpful in the below link, others will also reply.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306524

Zep..

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

If Zep's suggestion doesn't work, after selecting the files to be copied > double click on My Computer > right click on the r/w drive and select 'write these files to CD'. My personal opinion is to use a third party program for this .. Nero costs, but is a very good program, there are a lot of good free programs out there. I'm sure our members will recommend these to you.

Default Copy to CD Problem with Windows XP Home

Many thanks for help I can now copy data files using Canuck's method. Unfortunately something that still wont work is burning CDs with Windows media player 11 - it just keeps spitting out the blank CD and asking for another. Have tried several different types, but no go. Has anyone else had this problem?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

WMP has never been a very good program for copying to CD .. why, I couldn't say, it's just something that MS hasn't ever got right. We usually recommend third party programs. An excellent one is Nero which costs, but there are lots of freeware programs too. WMP 11 also has some quirks, for the time being I'm staying with 10.