Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How To Redownload Windows Accesories?

Hey, yesterday I was running system cleaner, and I think I might of have erased the windows Accessories and Programs.

You know, Windows Media Player, the Calculator, pinball, etc, how do I get this back?

I noticed it was erased when I chose calculator from the start menu and it said it doesn't exist on my computer, then I realized, I may have deleted it from one of the System Cleaners Option

So how do I get it back?

Thanks In Advance!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/remove programs > on the left hand side click Add/Remove Window Components and follow instructions, you'll need your XP cd for this. Have you tried a System Restore to a time before you did the cleanup ... you just can't get rid of WMP as it's an integral part of Windows.

Thanks for the help,

Nah, I never deleted WMP, I thought I did, I was watching movies earlier today on it lol!

Okay, even though I do that, Calculator still won't work. It doesn't display in the accessories folder, just in the start menu and I just get an error message saying it doesn't exist when I click it from the start menu.

Also, I don't have things like sound recorder and what not so I don't think that works, I tried it twice, and restarted my computer after, like it told me to.

Go to Start > Run > type in calc.exe > OK ... does the calculator appear. Try the same with sndrec32.exe ... if they both show up, the next step is to go to C:\ Windows\System32 and look for calc or calc.exe , right click it and copy ... goto C:\Documents and Settings\ your user name or all users > Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > now right click and paste. Do the same with sndrec32.exe. Keep us posted.

I typed both those terms in run, got an error message :?

Go to Run and type in sfc /scannow (note the space between the c and /) > OK. You may need your XP CD for this. It should repair any damaged Windows files.

Okay, the scan ran (didn't have to put in Windows XP disk in)

and then when it just completed, it ended, and calculator still won't open

Apart from doing either a Repair or freash reinstall of XP I can't think of anything else. Stay tuned for other's input on this before reinstalling though.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Ok, could you please reply back, make a list of everything that is missing and I can tell you how to get it back. Just make sure you list everything, don't say "pinball, calc, etc..". That etcetera won't help .

Partieā„¢

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast