Default Controlling other Users accounts

A friend came to me wanting to use my computer so I set up a visitor account. I want to know if there is anyway I can have 'absolute power' over this account, and if so how would I go about it? Reason being he turned off the ad blocker in Firefox and altered some other settings in my security software, consequently when he was closing down some spyware was detected. I don't want to have to stand guard over someone but I don't want my computer messing up with spyware/trojans/virus

thanks G

Why would a friend alter security settings and disable ad blocker, sounds to me he was downloading or viewing things that could cause harm to pc. Depending on the ability of freinds/users settings can be changed systems circumvented no matter what account you set up- It's a false sense of security- Stand over this guy next time he abuses your pc- choose the people wisley who use it.

Zep..

It was dating websites and Messenger

I'm on my pc 8 to 10 hours a day for work, I have to depend on it and take great caution with it, as a result I have never had a problem with it only my inability to use it to it's full potential- I don't know how legit dating sites are and or messenger- Others don't use the pc it's a hands off tool and that rule is respected ,no special accounts, no special passwords. The only way to secure it more is to unplug it, I did that twice today do to electrical storms in the area.

Zep..

I have passworded the security software so that won't be getting altered, as soon as I get the time I will be running a few deep scans just to double check there's nothing lurking.

Hi Gemini,

Did he find a date yet, hey below is a link for some useful information:

http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Pro...Hijackers.html

Zep..

Making a backup of the entire hard drive can be one answer to problems. Make the backup when the computer is in good running order with all settings an preferences set.

I have a two OS backups on an internal second drive. One is a basic OS where only updates, security programs and browsers are installed and another backup where all programs are installed.

All sorts of dreadful things can be done to the OS and all that has to be done to return it to its original pristine condition is use the backup to overwrite the OS on the C:\ drive. Acronis works for me. I could restore just parts of the OS but a full restore takes only minutes.

many thanks - there was a virus present and several spyware items but after spending all weekend scanning and cleaning I seem to be ok now.

btw - don't think he found a date :lol: