Default new pc with vista

hello to everyone. i would first like to thank all involved with the help2go info on computer amaintenance.
    i just bought a gateway pc from best buy on sunday

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....prd73700050009

i am going to be running nascar racing 2003 alot and need to get it installed shortly.
    what i want to do is have all of the programs and such that i do not need on the pc taken off. you know all the extra games and this and that installed before i bought it. can someone walk me through a process on decideing what i need to keep and what i can uninstall.

i also need to know for installing nr2003 what background programs ai can close as it tells me to close all unnescassary programs to install.
    thanks for the time and i appreciate all the help i get.
    steve

You just bought it, why don't you install the game that's another question do you have to install it or does it run from cd, anyway see how the game runs before starting to uninstall everything,

Zep..

thanks for the speedy relpy,
    i just wanted to clear out what i do not need so i could do a fresh restore point.
    as for the game it tells me in the manual to close all background programs before install.
    it istalls from a cd and havew to use the cd to run the game.
    thanks
    steve

Close all background before install, don't over read the instructions start the computer and install the game from cd what ever it says to do follow the promps-

If you wanted to uninstall programs that you do not want you can go to add/remove programs and see what is in there you feel you don't need.

My real thoughts are leave it alone for a while and see how it works.

Restore point let vista take care of that for now, hopefully you will never need that option.

The game says vista ready or something like that right, so you know the game is ok for vista.

That's what I mean you got alot going on new game, new vista that's enough changes don't make anymore yet,

Zep

Member Help2Go Moderator

Download belarc advisor (free). Once downloaded, run it (it should automatically run after first install). The report should open in a new internet explorer window. once the report opens, under the section heading "Software Versions (mouse over * for details, click * for location) [Back to Top] " Copy and paste everthing below that into a text file and attach it to a reply to this topic. There we can tell you what each installed application is used for and you may remove it if you wish.

Partieā„¢