Default Windows explorer and browser windows shut suddenly

I have recently been infected with malware/spyware/virus.... I have cleaned all traces fron my Sony Vaio(3 Ghz,512Mb,Win XP SP2) using various apps such as Adaware SE, Spybot S&D, Mcafee AV.......all new scans come up clean now....Just one problem, when I try to install new apps like spyware blaster, spyware guard, etc... , the installer window appears and then shuts down suddenly......Also if I browse the web with both Firefox and IE7, it is fine on certain sites but others such as trendmicro, or javacoolsoftware, the browser windows shut suddenly!!!! Anyone have any ideas or suggestions??

p.s. One other thing, WGA keeps wanting to reinstall even after it has been installed...not sure if its related or not.......

Gravefiller,

Tell us what malware you were infected with it is very possible you did not remove it all.The link below will give you more scans to run follow the directions after step 5 post a hijack log here and spyware will look at it I think that is the procedure, having trouble get as far as you can let us know.

http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...wtopic/t,9709/

Zep..