Default Internet Closing

When I am online, and close down a screen using the close "x" in the upper right hand corner, it closes all screens and I have to get the internet back up. It just started doing this. It also does it when trying to download a picture on ebay or email. It will let me start the download and once that window automatically closes on its own, it will also close everything else down. HELP

arauch,

What browser and what version, if you do not know in the browser click help and click "about" that will tell you version. Sounds like you are using "Tabs" when you click X it closes all tabs, that is how mine works in IE7, but I get a prompt that says "do you want to close all tabs".

Zep..

but zep, wen the download window closes, the tabs are not supposed to be affected right... i think arauch is facing some problem with the OS. arauch, if you have a windows IE bootable cd, just try running that once.. repair should solve your problem.
    Sak

saksha,

My post was an attempt to gather more information about the system he/she is using before offering advice.

Zep.

Try to download and reinstall your browser. If you are using IE you can do it from the Microsoft site.

yea arauch, as zep mentioned we need more information.
    Sak