Thread: Computer Clock

Default Computer Clock

Hi
    I have a very peculiar problem. I had a Spyware problem about 3 months ago, and with your help I completely cleaned it and my computer is running well now. about a 3 weeks ago (at the start of a unusually cold winter here) my computer lost exactly 1 hour and 50 minutes. it remained same for few days and lost 13hrs and 50 minutes. (computer clock was behind). So I logged on to your computer help pages. and found a advise which said to leave the computer on for about a week to see if it stabiliess the clock. So I did that, after a week I swithed off the computer. Following day I found the computer clock has recovered lost ground and showing accurate time (I did not re-set the clock) I was surprised ? How did it recover exactly the lost time?
    It was ok untill today (for almost 2 week). But today I found that it has lost 1 hour and 50 minutes.
    Can you please help me to understand this? and tell me what to do
    Thanking you
    Gamini Amerasinghe

HelpGamini,
    First thought is bios battery but there can be other reasons the link below covers some of them- Atomic clock is a free program you can download to keep pc time the link mentions one also:

http://www.smartcomputing.com/editor...5l06/45l06.asp

Zep..

Google "Atomic clock if interested.