Default Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Yesterday AM my laptop was working fine late in the day I started to get message errors in my outlook express
    Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.telus.net', Server: 'smtp.telus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
    This is on my laptop Acer Travelmate 2420 running microsoft xp, ADSL high speed wireless ,I am able to receive emails but cannot send any at all, I have checked and rechecked my settings turned of my windows live onecare as i have read that it might be cased by virus protection no help. Phoned my server help line to really no avail the told me that there may be an email "stuck" somewhere and that it is microsoft's problem???

I also tried my home PC and lo and behold the same problem so I don't think there is a problem with my lap top per-say I am at a loss, I am able to send mail with my servers online email but not through outlook express. I really need help quick I rely heavily on being able to send emails!!

styson,

Sounds like it could be modem or router related if both machines are producing the same error. I would take the router out of the loop an connect modem directly to the pc or laptop, see if that does anything, then see the link from microsoft below it talks about the router and much more...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514

Zep..

well i tried my wireless that I conect to my laptop when travelng and lo and behold it finally sent an email, it is from the same company that supplies me with my router at home so I am still baffled as to how to fix the situation but I will contact my server and let them know thanks so much!! it may not be a permenant fix but at least I can send my important things this way!

styson,

You could try and simpley turn the router off and on un-plugging it may be best, it also could be as simple as a port setting in the router.

What is the name of the router? How to adjust settings on router see link below,

http://www.chetnet.co.uk/articles/in...x_v2&id=71&c=8

Zep..

that is the first thing I did when I had this problem yesterday it is a d link seen here wil check the site for possible solutions thanks again for your help

sorry it is a 2 wire seen here http://www.2wire.com/

styson,

I would call them and describe your problem to them..

Zep.

Well I phoned the company that provided my wireless service and they now have a recorded voice stating that they are having issues with sending out emails at the present time. So thank you very mcuch for your help you guys rock!