Default Windows will not start

Good evening,

I have searched for people experiencing problems similar to mine throughout the help2go.com site but have not found anyone describing the same symptoms as I am currently having.

I have a fairly large problem with my computer right now in that it simply will not start Windows. :x Whenever I click on start Windows normally it will go to the screen that shows Windows being loaded and then the screen goes black long enough for the monitor to go into power save mode. After that it starts again from the very beginning and will go back to the screen asking how I want to try and start Windows since there was a problem.

I have tried starting my computer in safe mode (with networking and with command prompt) and clicking on the option to start from the last known good configuration but have had no success. This happened about a month ago to me but when it happened then I was able to boot my computer in safe mode and restore my computer to an earlier configuration which made it work just fine.

I am running Windows XP and unfortunately do not believe that I have the Windows CD or any other things that I could use to try and restore Windows with. So any help would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!

Have you tried safemode without networking?

There are lots of things that could be causing this, one of them is drivers or bad hardware.

If you can't get to plain safemode, or last good config, and you have no Windows CD, you'll need to get one.

Yes I've tried plain safemode as well. The usual thing where file path names or whatever they are start going across the screen but then it just stops, the screen goes black and it restarts. I'll try to get my hands on a Windows CD in whatever way I can, thanks.