Default i'm getting error message when trying to connect wirelss int

http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledar6.png

this is the error.

i typed both password given to me by the owner. he wan't sure which one is correct.

what can i do?

i'm just a guest in this house and no one can help me with understanding what is the problem.

thanks

Unfortunately, they must be giving you an incorrect password. Their computer probably auto connects, so they don't need it. If they connect to the wireless router or access point as administrator, they should be able to see what the password is under WEP or WPA encryption. They access the router by typing in the IP address in their web browser. It will be something like 192.168.0.1. Charlie

I had the same problem!

It all depends what type of wireless access point it is, as some have different web based interface addresses (the 192.168.0.* bit)

A handy thing vista users can try is click start, chose network then right click the router/device. choose 'view devices webpage' and continue from there.

Other methods include looking on the bottom of the device (router etc). it normally has the default web based interface address there, as well as the default username and password to access this interface.

If your still having trouble, write back and i'll see if i can find the addresses etc and perhaps walk you through it if your not feeling too confident.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by MrDarn
    I had the same problem!

It all depends what type of wireless access point it is, as some have different web based interface addresses (the 192.168.0.* bit)

A handy thing vista users can try is click start, chose network then right click the router/device. choose 'view devices webpage' and continue from there.

Other methods include looking on the bottom of the device (router etc). it normally has the default web based interface address there, as well as the default username and password to access this interface.

If your still having trouble, write back and i'll see if i can find the addresses etc and perhaps walk you through it if your not feeling too confident.
    airlink super g 101.
    thanks,
    anyway. i can't find default managing address.
    the owner is on vacation and i don't even have the user name and password for managing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim322
    Unfortunately, they must be giving you an incorrect password. Their computer probably auto connects, so they don't need it. If they connect to the wireless router or access point as administrator, they should be able to see what the password is under WEP or WPA encryption. They access the router by typing in the IP address in their web browser. It will be something like 192.168.0.1. Charlie
    thank you.
    pretty annoying. the landlord didn't took it seirously and now he's away for a while. probably he will not have the password anyway.
    i'm the only one who uses the internet now.
    i don't have the ISP login details.

does reseting the router is a good idea? (cable internet as it seems to be)

Is the owners computer there? You need a computer that has access. Use the browser (either IE or Firefox) and type 192.168.1.1 in the address box and hit enter. If the password was never changed from default, use admin for user and admin for password. That should get you into the router. Click on the security tab and see if you can see the password that is in use. I would not suggest changing anything, just see if you can see the password. If the owners computer is not there, you won't be able to access the router through your computer. Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Grim322
    Is the owners computer there? You need a computer that has access. Use the browser (either IE or Firefox) and type 192.168.1.1 in the address box and hit enter. If the password was never changed from default, use admin for user and admin for password. That should get you into the router. Click on the security tab and see if you can see the password that is in use. I would not suggest changing anything, just see if you can see the password. If the owners computer is not there, you won't be able to access the router through your computer. Charlie
    ive tried already to access the router but the user name and password were wrong.

i don't have access to the owner computer.
    what about reseting the router?
    thanks,

Resetting someone elses router is not a good idea, as you will erase all of their personalised settings such as passwords, encryption keys etc, and you could even wipe out their access to the router and make them reconnect when they return.

can you get to the bit where it asks you for the username and password?

if so, and the default has not been changed, Grim is correct, the username is usually ADMIN Admin admin or administrator. As for passwords, i have encountered 'PASSWORD' 'password' 'Password' 'ADMIN' 'Admin' 'admin' and leaving the password area blank.

if its not one of these, then its been personalised, and the only way to access the WBI is to get the password (reccomended) or to reset the router using the reset button(not reccomended as its not yours!)

I'm told the default WBI address for that router is 192.168.1.1 The default username is left blank and the password is admin.

Hope this helps!
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by MrDarn
    Resetting someone elses router is not a good idea, as you will erase all of their personalised settings such as passwords, encryption keys etc, and you could even wipe out their access to the router and make them reconnect when they return.

can you get to the bit where it asks you for the username and password?

if so, and the default has not been changed, Grim is correct, the username is usually ADMIN Admin admin or administrator. As for passwords, i have encountered 'PASSWORD' 'password' 'Password' 'ADMIN' 'Admin' 'admin' and leaving the password area blank.

if its not one of these, then its been personalised, and the only way to access the WBI is to get the password (reccomended) or to reset the router using the reset button(not reccomended as its not yours!)

I'm told the default WBI address for that router is 192.168.1.1 The default username is left blank and the password is admin.

Hope this helps!
    thank you.
    as i said. the default admin passwords and usersnames seems not to work.

For a small investment, you could buy your own wireless router and hook the modem through it. Leave power on to his router, just unhook the cable from the modem and run it to your router. Charlie