Biz

Default Saving pics in MAC

Hi Gang! I'm seeking help for a friend who is a fairly new user of a MAC and would like to save pics found on the web and then to send them to those of us who have XP's so that we can view them. Can you help her by sending me very simple step-by-step way for her to do that? She is not grasping the instructions she's finding on the net and I'm clueless as I've never operated anything but ME and XP. ---Biz

Biz,

You can simulate right-click by CONTROL-clicking. So press the (ctrl) key on the key board and click, you can also drag the image to the desk top click on image hold it, now drag it to desk top.

Zep.

Biz

That helps, but she is wanting to save pic to a file folder directly from a site.

Biz,

In the link below are some basic functions of the mac operating system:

http://www.macoptions.com/os85/

zep

Biz

Hi! Thanks for this site address. Friend says it is going to help her ALOT! She can file web graphics to a file, but the animated ones do not move for her. We didn;t see the problem addressed on the site. If we over-looked it please send THAT adress too. If it is not within that site...got any suggestions so the animations move? ---Biz and friend

Member Help2Go Moderator

If your friend is using the "Preview" application to view images in and has version 3.0 they took out the animation in animated gifs for some odd reason. There used to be a play button in the toolbar you could press to animate the gif but it's now gone..

Partie

Biz

Great post, as it's narrowing down the problem. I sent this on to my friend and she replied she thought she has Version 3 but "Not sure about the Preview though....sometimes it's QuickTime....just depends on what it is I'm viewing".
    As said before she is very new to her MAC And I can't help as I do XP, so
    since she is unclear about what she has, we need to tell her how to find out for sure the version she's running. How is that done?
    If it turns aout she has Version 3, can animiations move in Quick time?
    If they can, please send instructions as to the find where the settings choices are and what to set them on. Whew! Biz

Member Help2Go Moderator

You could tell them to give this a shot:

http://www.stalkingwolf.net/software/cocoviewx/

Biz

Thanks . I will just back out of trying to help her and just pass this along to her to persue. Thanks to you and the rest for the help. Donation to this great site on it's way to help keep Help2Go going.

Default All donations are very much appreciated !

Keeping this site open isn't free so I'm sure Oscar appreciates any donations received. Thanks
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.