Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default windows dont start up!! please help

Everytime i turn on my computer the dell logo comes out..after that the computer screen goes black! i cant even hit f8...would somebody please help!!! please!!!

dannyboy957,

What is the model # ? Do you here any beeps ? The symptons you describe could be alot of things ? Can you here the fan spin or the hard drive spin up, do the key board lights flicker during power up-- lap top, desk top, xp. 98.

zep.

Default reply

its a 2400 dell dimension celeron...no beeps....fan spins...its a desktop...the hard drive spins for about 5 seconds as soon the dell logo disapear's the hard drive stops..and goes into a black screen..please help..thank u so much for ur time.

Default reply

its an xp

dannyboy957,

No beeps, did it ever beep, you should have at least 1 beep when you first power up.

When it goes to black screen are the fans still spinning? or does it all go dead.

zep.

fan still spins when it goes to black..no beeps at all

dannyboy957,

Disconnect, keyboard, mouse, open the case reseat video card if present, check all connections, reseat ram before touching anything inside the computer discharge yourself by touching something metal like a doorknob,
    more then 1 ram card module take them out and use only 1 card at a time trying each card, at a time, what about the video driver worse comes to worse you could try the the generic windows driver - what about the monitor have an extra try it.

zep.

Default hey

where is the video driver? or what is the windows driver? discharge myselfself from a doornob?

the drivers are stored on the harddrive i believe. This, i believe, is a step for when you get booted up?? unless theres a way of doing it before you get booted that i dont know about (Yet :wink: )

you need to discharge any static in your body before touching anything inside a computers case, as the amount of static it takes to destroy the parts inside the case cannot be felt, and can cause huge headaches. Touching something metal often does the trick, but i was under the impression the metal object has to be grounded too???

i normally use a metal part of the computers case to discharge myself, you can also buy wristbands and other discharging accessories if you want to go that far.

The thing is, if you feel the static jump between your hand and a computers circuit board, you can almost guarantee something has fried, so always a good idea to be as discharged as possible, and not wear nylon clothing or other static making fabrics.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Default help

can u please tell me whats wrong with my computer...please help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast