Default Somthing missing since scan

The other day my husband ran a new virus program Kaspersky
    and since that time a LOT of things no longer work!
    I can download files but I can not open or load them... WinRAR no longer works! games will download but not open.. bad when you paid for a game from a website and you can't get it to even open!
    None of my games work not even the ones I played 10 min before he ran the scan. I can no longer run my daily photos from webshots... something that I have used for over 7 years with no problems.
    I tried to restore my computer to a time before the Kaspersky scan but it
    won't roll back.
    I know Kaspersky removed something but I have no way of finding out what it was since after the scan and the computer started to act funny my husband deleted Kaspersky thinking that it would put back what ever was in the
    quarantine file!

Is there a way of fixing this with out just chucking everything and formatting my computer and starting again from scratch??

OH by the way I am running windows XP and use Mozilla Firefox

I tried to restore my computer to a time before the Kaspersky scan but it won't roll back.
    Are you saying that you have no restore points or restoring to a previous point did not work?

BG

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

You could try reinstalling Kaspersky, hopefully the quarantined file is still on your PC. See if you can get the items in quarantine to be reinstated. Take a look at these articles, they may be of some help http://usa.kaspersky.com/support/home-support.php Also check if the backup in Kaspersky has been saved, if so reinstate it.