Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default scrolling through help2go

it seems there are some hot spots or something at the help2go website,

if i click near the center of my screen and then try to use the up and down arrow keys for scrolling, nothing happens,

but if i click closer to the border of the screen, i can scroll fine with the arrow keys,

i was just wondering if anybody else experiences this on their computers ????

this happens to me on 2 seperate computers,

Member Help2Go Moderator

It could be because you are clicking in a message body which is a text area and since there are no scroll bars in the text area you aren't able to scroll.

Partie

thanks ph, but that's not exactly what i was saying,

you can usually scroll up and down a webpage with the arrow keys,

Member Help2Go Moderator

Yeah I know what you'er saying but I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

When I say "message body" i'm talking about the text you see in my reply (what you're reading now...) or somoene else's post. If you click somewhere around that text (you'll notice your mouse icon on a standard theme in windows change to the "I") you won't be able to scroll. It's a text box and since the text doesn't extend the height/width setting of the textbox there are no scrollbars, hence no scrolling when using the up/down arrow keys. Now, if you go about .5" down from the message body and click (where your mouse icon isn't an "I" anymore but a cursor" you will be able to scroll...

here's a video: http://www.screencast.com/users/Part...7-05da4b2ee696

You'll notice that when I double click "aren't" in the video I'm unable to scroll but when I move my mouse down about .5" inch and below my "Partie" signature line that's when I use the arrow keys to scroll down....

Partie

good stuff ph, wow, the effects,

been away from the web for about 3 months and look what we can do now,

did not entirely work though, did not scroll, but the other illustrations worked great,

got stuck at "1 item left to download" on the page,

Member Help2Go Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by changintimes

did not entirely work though, did not scroll, but the other illustrations worked great,

got stuck at "1 item left to download" on the page,
    Sorry about that. I'm just starting to use the Jing software.

Partie

worked fine for me m8, good show! :lol:
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Glad to hear Partie got your problem resolved.

In the future a more descriptive subject title would be helpful. Help doesn't tell us anything about the problem you are experiencing. A better title for your thread would have been something like having scrolling problems at the Help2Go website. Just trying to help, have a great weekend.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, slicing it open like a Tauntaun, crawling inside and then encouraging others to keep beating I have to say that I'm slightly confused at this point only because I am able to scroll with my arrow keys regardless of both my cursors placement on the page (message body, photo, even over text I've highlighted) and its icon form and I'm just wondering why this scrolling behavior seems abnormal.

PartieHonteuse, I did enjoy your video and I think that the application is cool. Sorry if I am missing the obvious.

Changeintimes... great to 'see' you. How are things? Just mentioned you a moment ago in a reply to Priam. Hope all is well with you and Mrs. C.
    'Everything is relative', said the speed of light.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Which browser are you using and it's not so much the "position" of your mouse. It's the position of your last clicked area...

Partie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast