dai

Default Can't get rid of old ISPs

Dell Dimension 5100 pc with windows xp and using mozilla Firefox for browsing.

No dsl available where I live. My dial up provider went out of business a few months ago so tried "Toast.net", had problems with it and went to peoplepc which is sort of ok. But now when I try to send emails sometimes one of the previous ISPs takes over the 'send to' bar, and of course the message goes nowhere. I've tried deleting the isps every way I've been able to but they keep reappearing.

A friend who works at Adobe is usually able to help with my problems, but thinks this might be happening because the providers did not include uninstall software, and if that is the case then the only fix is a new computer!

So my question is whether there is any way to uninstall these programs and if not is there a way to disable them or to get around them???

dai,

What e-mail are you using? it looks like you need to delete the old e-mail accounts and create a new account for the new isp provider.

zep.

dai

Default deleting ISPs

I'm not sure how to reply to your suggestion but; Been using Yahoo lately since it is most reliable during all the ISP hassles.
    When one of the previous ISPs shows up in the Sent From bar I've double clicked and chosen Delete. But they just come back. Do you know of a positive way to get these suckers off my computer permanently? That would be great!

i may be out of my depth here, but what i think partie may have been hinting towards was an example of the routine you use to send e-mail, as using Yahoo normally requires you to go to their website and e-mail from there, unless your using a 3rd party software like 'Outlook Express'. If you are using outlook or simmiler, try going directly to yahoo's website and send a mail using their WBI (Web Based Interface) instead of outlook (or simmiler) and report back any results.

Oh, and in my experience, as long as your thourough with your information, and patient for answers, you will not need a new pc for this problem

Sounds like a simple enough fix once we know all the details, and you have tried one or two 'troubleshooting' sessions to find out the culprit!

(by easy fix, i mean easy if you know how!!)
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7