Default Screen is scrolling all by itself, up and down erraticly

Hi, I'm on my daughters computer trying to help her (again) as she told me she was having a problem similar to what I encountered about a year ago on my computer. In any open application the screen is scrolling by itself. I had posted the same thing here last time and someone suggested it was the mouse. It's a wireless mouse and keyboard and I changed the batteries on both. Nothing worked so I switched the mouse and keyboard with my daughter's and it was working fine for about a year and now it's doing the same thing on her computer. I changed the batteries and that didn't help. Can anyone help me with this please?

LauraOakey,

It seems you have already done everything that we would have suggested, electrical interference can cause this anything electric to close to screen? There must be something that connects to computer to relay the signal i know mine looks like a little mouse, i would unplug that from the pc reboot and then plug it back---was this helpful?

zep.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

I tried that but it keeps happening. Thanks anyway.

LauraOakey,

Sorry but others may have an idea. Hey maybe it is that thing that plugs in is giong bad........The receiver just a thought....

zep

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

i know a driver update sounds like a daft idea if its been working ok for a year, but perhaps the driver has become corrupt?

have a look in device manager for the item, then click on it and select properties.

select update driver, and if you get the choice, update it, if not, try reinstalling the driver you have.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7