Default I've lost sound on my computer!

I've lost sound on my computer and I believe I know why but I can't do anything about it because i'm not computer smart whatsoever.

I deleted a program called Sound Blaster because it was taking up 82.xx megabites and when I scrolled over it, it said that I rarely used it.

Soon after I did this, I noticed that I have no sound and I really don't know where to go to maybe re-install this or just restore sound back in my computer.

-Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I'm assuming this is windows xp.

firstly, check the obvious:

there should be an icon of a small speaker in the bottom right next to the clock, right click this and choose to open the mixer, make sure none of the mute boxes are crossed. If theres an advanced link, click it and check there too.

if this does not solve it, goto device manager (right click 'my computer', choose 'properties' then 'device manager') and check for any warning tryangles or red X's. if there are any (probably under the sound controller section) expand that section and look for the device thats malfunctioning. (with the yellow tryangle/red x) , right click it, and either update, or roll back the driver.

Again, try for sound.

If still no joy, or your having trouble following these steps, post back and we'll break them down further...
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

there is no icon of a speaker so i guess ill just do the "my computer" thing.

and yes it is windows XP.
    was me removing sound blaster the cause of my loss in sound?

Possibly, and maybe, but there should still be on board sound drivers.

if no icon, click start-control panel-sounds and audio devices

make sure no mute box is checked there and all the volume sliders are turned up.

let us know how you get on
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7