Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD/RW PROBLEM

Default CD/RW PROBLEM

Hi Everyone,
    Can anyone please help me with the following, I am having problems formating cd-rw discs, when I try this I get the following message (FORMAT FAILED DUE TO MEDIA DAMAGE). I have windows xp and my computer had software sonic dla 4.5 ( it came with the computer), I thought this was the problem and found an update sonic dla 4.95, I swaped this over but still get the same message, format failed due to media damage. Trouble is I had previously been able to format cd-rw's with the sonic dla 4.5 software. I am wondering if I have botched up and removed something I shouldn't have, any ideas?. Not being very good with computers I would really appreciate assistance. Thanks and happy new year. Coco.

is it posible the disk you are trying to format is damaged in some way? have you tried some new media?
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Hi MrDarn, Have tried a few discs and get the same message with them all, what do you mean by new media?. Coco

New Media means disks/CD-R/W.

BG

yes, new media as in a disk that has not previously been written too.

using several disks that have been used before may be the problem, a brand new unmarked disk will point in another direction if the same message appears.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Member Help2Go Moderator

I'm actually wondering if by chance you have changed your brand of disc that you usually use? Like going from Memorex to Sony or some other brands. That CAN have an effect on your burning/formatting capabilities. Maybe try to see if your drive has a firmware update?

Partie

Hi Guys, Sorry if I have not made myself clear these are new cd-rw discs I have tried and I have not changed brand, same box as when I could format these cd-rw discs. What do you think is the problem now I have clarified the situation. Coco

Sorry ment to say I can write to old discs I had previously formatted, does this give a clue. Coco

umm.. you're formatting new blank discs?

You shouldn't have to format new discs. Have you tried just writing to them?
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

Hi, surely new cd-rw discs need formatting, I am not talking about cd-r discs. Coco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast