Default black screen before welcome screen hangs on boot up

Hi wonder if you can help im running XP pro just had new power supply installed what is happening is when windows loads it hangs at black screen for about 40 seconds then it goes to XP welcome screen and windows loads as normal and everything works fine and PC runs fine, i have reinstalled drivers for graphics card updated, but it still does it this was not happening before power suppy went wrong

This has only happend since new power supply tried system restore and last known good config but still the same

any help appreciated

Thanks

Thought i would try Reseating RAM , but this did not help anyone have any help as to the above post any input would be appreciated

Thank you for your time

Where did you get the power supply from?

are you sure its large enough to run your pc? if so, why do you think this?

if you got the power supply from a shop, did they fit it? if so, take it to them and explain the problem.

Booting a pc is quite power consuming, and if your power supply is not large enough, it may struggle when all components want power at once, causing the hang as the harddrive waits for the correct levels of power.

How is the computer behaving once its booted up? have you tried using several graphic intensive applications at once to test the supply or is it a pc that is only used for the internet?
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Hi well a tech fitted it came to my home from a well established local company, its a Jeantech 350 Watt PSU 350W JNP-350P i would of thought he would have put a PSU in that would do the job but as you say yes i can and prob should contact them see what they say BTW when PC is booted and running works fine

Thanks for help

PC Spec

windows XP Pro sp2
    512 Ram
    1.8 AMD Athlon
    Nvidia 7600 Geforce GT graphics

As far as testing the graphics it seems to have no probs performing as it did before ,and will run the game Neverwinter Nights and this is a intensive application

Thanks

e

phoned Tech said it would not be power supply, said poss other power supply done something to PC when it went , but the CPU seems ok and as said once up and running runs ok wants more money to look again, well i would like to try and sort it myself, has anyone got any ideas why it hangs at black screen for that amoment of time before it goes to welcome screen

Thanks

Don't know if this helps but I have the same problem after installing a more powerful G Force graphics card. Pretty sure it is a power problem as the card resets to lower power when computer finally finishes startup.
    I too have no problems running intensive games after it starts.

Regards,

~Terry~