Default continuing error message

I continue to receive the following message: Scan Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. i then send the problem to Microsoft as instructed. This problem, (error message) has been ongoing for awhile. I do not know how to rectify it . It normally occurs when I am typing a word document, but not always. I did click on to see what this refers to..."SBCSS vc.exe" All of which is unknown to me as a novice. Would appreciate any input. Thank you in advance!!

jimmyD,

What anti virus do you use ? I have seen McAfee generate similar scan error.

SBCSS vc.exe<------- are you sure this is exactly what it it says

What other programs do you have installed that scan the computer? Seems that is where the trouble may be located with some sort of scanner program.

zep

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

vc.exe could be malware .. follow the instructions here http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Pro...Hijackers.html and post your Highjackthis log to this thread. We'll get one of the experts to take a look at it.

Looks like canuck is on to something jimmyD, Information below may or may not be correct follow canucks advice

A variant of the W32.Spybot.Worm family of worms and IRC backdoor Trojans. This family of worms spread via mIRC and the Kazaa file sharing network.

zep.