Thread: Vagp?

Default Vagp?

Sorry cannot type long, it could hang any second, i got 'Vagp: 1.24V' etc in red color in the startup screen lower right corner, and i everytime hang in startup, (require luck to make it boot successfully) and i wonder what it(vagp) mean and can it(red color) be fixed?
    Ni hao!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I believe 'Vagp: 1.24V' is referring to your power supply. If your PC is switching off, I suspect that your power supply is on it's way out. Suggest you have a tech check it out, or if you're at all inclined, install a new one your self.

Member Help2Go Moderator

I agree with canuck. Vagp is your AGP card voltage from your system monitoring software. 1.24 is either too high or too low (depending on your AGP capabilities). As suggested by Canuck, test your power supply yourself using a multimeter or (better yet) take it to a qualified technician in your area.

This is more than likely the reason why you are getting the freezes. Your video card isn't getting the correct operating power it needs to run or is being run too high.

Partie

For reference:

AGP 1x/2x runs at 1.5V or 3.3V
    4x run at 0.8V or 1.5V
    and 8x runs at 0.8V

Is it all power supply are the same?(desktop pc)
    Ni hao!

Osc
    Administrator Help2Go Administrator Osc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately no - there are several different types of motherboard connectors, so new power supplies may not work in older PCs. Also, some manufacturers like Dell may have special power supplies in their PCs, depending on the size of the PC.

Check with the manufacturer to see what kind of power supply you need.
    Oscar Sodani
    Help2Go Administrator
    4 ways to thank Help2Go