Default Crashing Asus A6Va Laptop

Hi,

I have a 2 year old Asus portable that up to a couple of days ago was working just fine.

It started to freeze (100% freeze) out of the blue and then after restarting the machine the LAN/wifi card was not being recognized.

Both partitions of my hard drive were full to the max, so I moved everything out to an external disc, reinstalled the drivers to the LAN card and defragmented the disk, and even though the problem became less constant it keeps on crashing.

As far as virus or other malaware, I have ABP installed on Firefox plus Avast Antivirus and Spybot are run at least once per month. To date no virus trojan or other has been detected.

At first I thought it was a problem with the hard drive becoming saturated, since peer guardian´s historical cache was closing in at 16 GB.

The hard drive seems ok but there are still some crashes.

The LAN card on this laptop is a Yukon gigabyte ethernet coper rj-45 with intel pro set wireless sotware.

It does not seem temperature related since no temperature avobe 60 has been detected by the resident probe.

żAny suggestions?

Go to your control panel>administrative options>event viewer

check the event viewers for errors occurring around the time of the crash/freeze, this could possibly tell you what is causing the problem.
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

What is the size of the hard drive and how much is being used. For best performance, you should keep at least 20% free space if possible. Charlie