Default Unable to delete user login account

I want to get rid of a user account for Hotmail that somebody put on my system but can't seem to do so. I have gone to my user accounts via control panel and deleted it under the network passwords tab (and it doesn't show there), but each time I get a login box in Explorer 7, the user account appears in the drop down menu. I have also tried running internet eraser software to get rid of stored logins and passwords, but to no avail. How can I delete it as it is very annoying - its a work PC?

I am running XP home edition with SP2 updates (all updates to the OS are automatic so I should be right uptodate).

Thanks

Last time i had this problem, i selected the name so it appeared as if i was going to login, then clicked 'forget me' below the login box, but this was some time ago, and was before the 'windows live' changeover.

try this, and let us know if it fails.

Another good cleaner is CCLEANER available at http://www.ccleaner.com

Please make sure you download from the filehippo link, and ignore all the adverts around the edges of the webpage, and that you UNCHECK the toolbar instalation option during instalation if you do not require it.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Member Help2Go Moderator

Tools > Internet Options > Under "Browsing History" select the "Delete" button > Under "Form Data" click the "Delete Forms" button.

NOTE: This will delete all saved form data for every website that you've filled in. So, if you wanted a website to remember what you put it then I wouldn't do this.

Partie