Default I cannot figure out how to fix regsvr32!

:!: I have reloaded my computer multiple times in the last 4 months, due to my inability to block viruses! My friend finall gave me an effective antivirus, and it works! I tried to reinstall Online TV & Radio Stations, but get an application error message when trying to run WMP 10. I have looked up the available solutions, but have no idea how to implement them. I tried to use msconfig, but have no idea what to put in for finding and repairing the .cab files. I cannot get regsvr32, which does not exist, to register jscript.dll or vbscript.dll. Please help? Thank you.

Windows version?
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

If you are using XP and it's installed on C: drive, regsvr32 should be in C:\Windows\system32 file. Check to make sure it's there. To register the dlls, you go to Start > Run > type in regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32"C:\Windows\System32\Mydll.dll" (or copy and paste this, it must be exactlly the same) > OK. Do the same for the vbscript.dll . You should get a confirmation window after each OK command.

Keep us posted.