Default need computer help for emachine T3508

hello, i sure hope someone can help me....i restored my machine with the recovery disk and it didn't have some of the stuff that came on it from the factory...what a mess i am in!!! I didn't have sound, my cd/rw, my d drive, and no modem....i think i have most of what was not restored except for the modem...i had one this morning and now it is gone...what can i do? i have talked to gateway/emachine support three times...they helped me get the sound and my cd/rw back, but i have no modem...anyone have any suggestions? I have restored many machines back to factory settings when a problem on the drive happened and have never had any problems with drivers, ect. missing...why even put a disk in with the computer?????? argh!!!
    i am using windows xp...the modem that comes with that machine is
    56KITUv92 ready fax/modem....how can it be recovered or is it lost for good? thansk!

Hi there

If you can find the manufacturer information (possibly stamped on the modem itself or with the computer documentation) then you could hit their website for drivers and transfer them to the other computer.
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

Default it isn't the

driver i am missing, although that might be gone too...but the actual modem...the modem is in the machine, but it will not show up in the modem file...it is just GONE!...i have done everything i can think of...was suggested to remove modem from machine, let it set for an hour or two, plug back in modem and start and maybe machine will notice it as new hardware...didn't work....i am so frustrated with this...mostly because of emachine putting in a stupid disk that receovers only the basics not what you had, and they call it a recovery disk.....i have recovered many computers back to factory settings and have never had this headache!!! i am thinking something happened to my modem card when i "restored" it...what a joke that disk is!!! .
    SOMEBODY help me please?

Okay first things first. Do me a favour and try to type in paragraphs when you're posting? :lol: Its just a lot of text and periods to be reading in one big chunk...

You've checked the device manager and the modem isn't listed in there at all? If its there with a little yellow exclamation mark then its there and just driverless. If it is listed, delete it and reboot. On reboot windows should recognize it and ask for drivers or install them on its own.

If its not there at all then I would suggest going old school Try it in another computer. If it shows up then its your machine, try dusting out the slots with some canned air, or try a different slot. If it doesn't then its a toasted modem.
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

Default ok.....

sorry if my posts were hard to read...

yes, i did look in the device manager and it is not there.

i unfortunately do not have another computer to put it into. i have a very old one, but the modem/slots are different. i only have my daughters new laptop and i really don't want to mess it up too and wouldn't even know how to open it, nor would i want to.

my machine does have three slots above the modem slot. i will try to put it into one of them and try dusting out with air.

i called emachines and they are suppose to send me a different "recovery" disk that they say has everything on it that i need, so we will see.

thank you for replying and i will check back with the results when i get the disk and try the modem in another slot...

thanks!!