Default strange "startup" item, does not exist anywhere

nasctgev

rundll32.exe "C:\Windows\system32\nasctgev.dll",s

..not found "nasctgev" in any search place anywhere. It apparently exists ONLY in my computer, nowhere else in the entire universe.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Sounds like it may be malware. Go to our new instructions page and follow Osc's advice .. run the programs, keep us posted http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...topic/t,27614/

It's not singled out for removal on any of the spyware programs on the machine, I have Norton, also Spyware Doctor, also Spy Sweeper. It's apparently a dll file. You would think somehere in the entire computer universe, it would be known somewhere. But it's not. Does not exist anywhere in creation other than on my hard drive. Perhaps a collector's item!

Hi there

Try uploading the file here: http://www.uploadmalware.com/

It should give you results and tell you if the file is legit/virus related/or unknown.
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

valuable link thanks. The file is now gone, since I did a complete re-install of everything on the machine. Still that was a puzzle? But the link you sent will certainly come in handy. rgds

my only complaint with that place is that they ask if you "wanna" get more information. Does anybody say or spell "want to" or "going to" any more? Or when is the last time you heard somebody pronounce the word "to" as in today or tonight. Computers are great, but all else has gone to corruption, at least in my country, USA.