Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I need a lesson here.

Thank you , I do need that lesson.

I want to insert arrows into my posts to make them clearer for OP's to understand some of the directions or suggestions given like this:

OR

this.

Do any of the members or guests reading this know of software to execute this practice please. I know I have it in MSWord but there is no option to insert the shapes or arrows outside of the Word software as far as I can tell.

Would really appreciate it if there is some software out there, not Photoshop as I do not have it and this small exercise would not warrant such a cost.

There is no need for it to be free, just not $$$$$$ plus!
    Last edited by Canuck; 11-28-2008 at 07:25 PM.

NM

Quote Originally Posted by tallin View Post
    Would really appreciate it if there is some software out there, not Photoshop as I do not have it and this small exercise would not warrant such a cost.

There is no need for it to be free, just not $$$$$$ plus!
    Hi,Tallin, I take it you wish to add arrows comments etc to screen shots. Am I correct? Hmm, there is Greenshot in the software pick that does it.
    Attached Images

NM

....and, Tallin, if you want something with more bells an whistles the is always GIMP (also software pick). GIMP won't take screen shots though. It's kind of a substitute for Photoshop.

Norbert

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I have in the past recommended highly PhotoScape it is great for screen capture and also for graphic symbols/arrows etc.

Thanks for your replies.

No, that is not what I am after, I already have Snapshot.exe for my Screen Shots along with PrtScn SysRq (Print Screen for Windows)

I know there is Software out there to simply put arrows into a reply to an OP to help direct them to understanding the reply to their query more easily, just as I included in my initial shot in my first post in this thread.

The reason I know is I once had the link to this software, but have mislaid it which is frustrating me somewhat. It is not free, and only comes with arrows, and I think some shapes etc. Paint does the job if I use the line offered in the options, but is not as professional as I think I need.

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

|MG| FastStone Image Viewer 3.6 has the easiest option for creating arrows I have ever used. Just click and drag, that's it.

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Thank you for your input, but I do not want such a detailed program, I have Picasa2 that does all that.

I cannot see where you can drag and drop arrows in the program you contributed either.....sorry.

What I want to do in a much more professional way would be similar to the example below which I just did with Paint software using the bold line to create the red arrow.

I might be misunderstanding and if so I apologize. But it's really easy with Fastone, only Fastone is a little confusing until you get used to it.

Open Fastone and double click your picture. Then right click on it and choose Edit > Draw Board.

Next on the left you will see a little arrow, click it then set your color and size. Then use the mouse to create arrows of pretty much any fashion.

Last edited by evilfantasy; 11-28-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Default Heavens above!

I am downloading it again, uninstalled it before when it looked so complicated. Thank you for the step by step, I Will give it a go later on when I have more time. All this for an arrow in a post.

Which prompts me to reply, how do you get the arrow in the reply to the post before you preview it? That would be my dilemma at this stage, but I have not tried it yet.

I really appreciate the time and effort you are giving to assist me here.

PS.. Can you make the screen smaller? I think Clark76 posted a URL in the Shout Box which happened on another occasion. Where are the Mods, having turkey I guess.....

All this for an arrow in a post.
    Agreed. The only thing I really use Fastone for is arrows...

Depending what I'm doing I will use a mix of paint programs. For that I used PrntScrn then pasted it in MS Paint, cut it then saved it to the Desktop and opened it and added the arrows with Fastone. Sounds like a lot but I have got it down to science.

The Gimp resizes pictures very good without distorting the pixels.
    Paint.net for adding text and cropping family type photos as it automatically creates a new window the exact size of whatever you just cut out by going to File > New.

Sounds like a lot but again, I have it all down to a science. I'm tot patient enough to learn all of the ins and outs of just one program or do I use them that often.

PS.. Can you make the screen smaller?
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast