NM

Default Jungle Disk/Amazon backup REVIEW

Happy and prosperous 2009 to all guests and members.

Back in November I recommended Jungle Disk/Amazon for off-site backup which was subsequently added to the 'Software Picks'.

Well, December was my first 'full month' of daily backups of my accounting data along with the T-bird profile. About 850MB between the two..... and the bill for December came to 84 cents (US)

In my book that's excellent value for money. Mind you, there are free storage sites on the Net but will they be around when you need a restore? Even if Jungle Disk (monitoring software author) goes belly-up, I have a feeling Amazon will be around for quite some time

Osc
    Administrator Help2Go Administrator Osc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll second this recommendation - JungleDisk and Amazon's S3 service make a beautiful, inexpensive backup solution.

I backup tens of GB, including ALL my photos, home movies, data, etc. The cost is very cheap when compared to other services, and I don't have to worry about hard drives breaking down or RAID arrays.

The data is encrypted before it leaves my computer, and only I have the key. You can't beat that level of security.

I'm even using this with some of my clients - it's a fantastic solution for businesses that need reliable off-site storage, just in case the office burns down.
    Oscar Sodani
    Help2Go Administrator
    4 ways to thank Help2Go