Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Default Free Data Recovery Wizard

Hi all, I just came across this from one of the newsletters I get. It seems that this highly rated program that sells for $70. is being offered for a limited time free of charge. It's called Easeus and I've checked a couple of review sites and they seem to be fairly positive about it. EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Giveaway: Get the Data Recovery Software Full Version for FREE. .

EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard 4.3.6, is an advanced Data Recovery Software to do Format Recovery, Partition Recovery, and Recover Deleted Files emptied from the Recycle Bin or restore data lost due to software crash or a system malfunction.

I did not install EASEUS, as I only run one partition on my systems, there is a warning about that during installation so please be vigilant if you do want to install.

I installed it and there is no such concern as I see it. Partitioning is only one part of the program and does not create partitions unless you choose to do so.
    EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard 4.3.6, is an advanced Data Recovery Software to do Format Recovery, Partition Recovery, and Recover Deleted Files emptied from the Recycle Bin or restore data lost due to software crash, virus attack, etc. It offers users with quick scan, easy and safe data recovery.
    At a minimum, restoring deleted files is a boon.

The included attachment is the reason I did not proceed with the installation.
    Attached Images

Yes, I caught that when installing, I forgot. I figured it was OK as I was not restoring a partition. Probably a good utility to have on memory stick. I try to keep an updated first aid memory stick with all the utility programs that I or any of the family may need. Your observation is certainly valid, especially if you have partitioning (that's the way I see it). I've also been assured by other members that the company puts out excellent products. Thanks H.

I think EASEUS Data Recovery is a good product for some, but being Ghost/Acronis image addicted, I will stay with images.

I really feel that my C:\Drives and external Backup drives would not fail on the same day leaving me out in the cold so to speak....they could of course, so that is a risk I am willing to take.

best regards,

Notes: This giveaway is expired!

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

For anyone considering purchasing this or looking for a recovery program. Commercial recovery software is much better then the free ones so if someone is buying this they are probably needing to use it ASAP.

That warning is for people who have already lost data and are looking for a recovery program. Anything you install on a disk that has data loss is going to make the recovery harder as new installs will overwrite the deleted/lost files. They are warning to not install it on the disk/partition you are going to be using it on.

If you don't have a recovery program for deleted/lost files and don't have a separate hard drive then go ahead and install one now "just in case".

More tips. Data Loss – Recovery & Prevention This is aimed at any user. I know there are better methods but they are not always easy.

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum